Dark Eye Circles and Puffy Eyes are irritants and doesn’t look good. Most women ,in particular, are getting troubled having these dark circles and puffy bags in their eye areas. There are certain causes that make your eyes look puffy and dark.
But what really is the cause of that dark circles in the eye area? Sometimes , we associate that if we have stayed up late last night or you have been working late at night all the time.
Drinking much the night before, crying, bad diet, stress all of these caused eye bags and dark circles. Basically, these are all because you are human, humans are liable to getting dark and puffy eyes.
Dark circles may be caused by those factors but it can also be caused by the thinning of the skin under the eye.
We may blame a lot of issues to our lifestyle. There maybe some hold of truth to the matter that you may be engaging in drinking or late night activities. But , also remember that fatigue may also contribute to losing the skin’s luster and elasticity.
However, if you really engage in alcohol drinking, this may cause your skin to dehydrate making it look dull and dry. Alcohol dehydrates you and it is not good for your skin. Dark eye circles may start to appear once your skin becomes dehydrated.
Most Common Causes of Dark Eye Circles and Puffy Eyes
- Heredity. Sometimes it is genetic. Even in childhood, dark circles may appear. Some children have inherited this from their children and eventually outgrow this in time.
- Allergies. Nasal Congestion may affect and dilate the eyes. This drains the blood vessel around your eyes causing them to darken.
- Sleep Deprivation. This is mostly the cause of most dark eye circles . Although it is the most common. It is also the easiest to prevent.
- Oversleeping. Though the lack of sleep may cause dark eye circles, oversleeping may ,however, be the cause of it also.
- Stress. Again and again, stress may be affecting all systems in our body. Stress affects the skin appearance and also it may contribute in the worsening dark circles of your eye.
- Iron Deficiency. if we do not have enough supply of iron in our body, it may prevent the body from carrying oxygen to the eye tissues making it look dark and sunken.
- Fluid Retention. It may occur during pregnancy or weight gain.
- Age. As we get older, we lose some of the fat collagen around the eyes. This loss combined with the thinning of the skin creates an obvious appearance of dark circles in our eyes.
- Excess Salt in the Diet. Excessive intake of salt may cause fluid retention and that includes underneath your eyes.
“Prevention is still better than Cure”
Effective Ways to Avoid Dark Eye Circles and Puffy Eyes
- Apply Sunscreens. There’s nothing more important than prevention. The sun is very damaging to our skin. The skin underneath our eyes is very thin and since it is always exposed to the sun , it is prone to a lot of skin discoloration.
- Retinoids. One special formula made specifically for the eye area is a Retinol cream. It is a collagen- rich formula and vitamin A derivative that counters the effect of skin aging and visible formation of dark circles in the eyes. Making it appear less visible. But there is a counter- reaction to the use of Retinoids. Avoid overusing it, otherwise ,it will leave flaky red marks around your eyes . It may turn brownish or gray over time when healed.
- Cool Down. Washing your face with hot water may worsen the puffiness in the eyes. The right temperature will do. Avoid steaming your face to retract the puffiness of the eyes.
- Look for Brightening Ingredients. Hydroquinone, vitamin C, and kojic acid all promote a brightening effect. It will help in lessening the discoloration of your eye area.
- Take Antihistamine. During allergy, make sure that you take antihistamine tablets. Allergies worsen the swollen effect of the eyes. Sneezing and itching all contributes to the swelling of the eyes. Taking oral histamines may lessen the puffiness and the effects of the allergy to your eyes. The proper remedy for dark eye circle depends on what causes it. it may be a bit difficult to cure a symptom which has started a long time ago than the once which has just resurfaced now. It’s still better if we still practice the saying, “Prevention is still better than Cure.”
Here Are Some Tips To Get You Going If You Have Just Starting To Have Those Dark Eye Circles:
- Elevate your Head When Sleeping. Try to use more pillows under your head to avoid the fluid from pooling underneath your eyes. it may help drain the fluid near the eye area.
- Cold Compress. A pack of ice and sometimes cucumbers will do wonders for your eyes. Cucumbers are cool and they help in easing out pressure around your eye area.
- Make Green Tea or Black Tea. Place the tea bags in the fridge. Then place the tea bags over your eyes while laying down for over 10 minutes. This will lessen the swelling of your eyes.
- Cucumbers and Potato. Cucumbers are great for your eyes. It has a cooling effect that will reduce the puffiness in your eyes. Cucumbers are also great for reducing wrinkles and refining your skin tone. Potatoes are also a great way to reduce swelling. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the puffiness in your eyes.
- Spoons. Yes, spoons. They can replace the foodies if you don’t want to use them. Place the spoon in the fridge to cool them and then place it on your eyes. This also reduces the swelling or puffiness.
- Avoid the Sun. Exposure to the sun really poses harm and danger not only to your eyes but your entire skin as well. Skin damage is lessening the collagen and thinning out the layers. make sure you are using your sunscreen every time you go out of the sun.
- Remove Your Makeup. Make sure that you remove your makeup every time before you go to sleep. Makeup can clog your pores and cause it to swell and expand.
- Paper Towels. Let paper towels to sit in the fridge overnight and then place them on your eyes the next morning. The cooling effect and sensation will help relieve the swelling and puffiness.
- Concealers. It will help in concealing the dark circles and puffiness in your under eye area. Choose the correct makeup for your eyes. The right one that will properly conceal the darkness and puffiness of your eyes.So there you go, Dark Eye Circles and Puffy Eyes may seem irritating and annoying.
“These tips to keep your eyes from the darkening effect and puffiness may greatly help to keep you looking great and young -looking.”
We hope that you found these tips useful for your eyes but besides following these, you must know how to pick best skincare product for betterment of your beautiful eyes.