Dark under eye circles doesn’t look good. Many people are getting troubled having these dark under circles in their eye areas. These annoying black circles under your eye, makes you look old and sometimes scary. As they say, the eyes are the windows to our soul. if we ruin that one thing that leads to our inner self, we ruin everything.
But what really is the cause of that dark circles in the eye area? Sometimes , we associate that if we have stayed up late last night or you have been working late at night all the time. You will develop these dark eye circle problems. There are instances that other people may presume that you are engaging in some weird vices at night or alcohol drinking binge.
We may blame a lot of issues to our lifestyle. There maybe some hold of truth to the matter that you may be engaging in drinking or late night activities. But , also remember that fatigue may also contribute to losing the skin’s luster and elasticity.
However, if you really engage in alcohol drinking, this may cause your skin to dehydrate making it look dull and dry. Alcohol dehydrates you and it is not good for your skin. Dark circles may start to appear once your skin becomes dehydrated.
What Causes Dark Circles To Appear?
- Heredity. Sometimes it is genetic. Even in childhood, Dark Under Eye Circles may appear. Some children have inherited this from their children and eventually outgrow this in time.
- Allergies. Nasal Congestion may affect and dilate the eyes. This drains the blood vessel around your eyes causing them to darken.
- Sleep Deprivation. This is mostly the cause of most dark eye circles . Although it is the most common. It is also the easiest to prevent.
- Oversleeping. Though the lack of sleep may cause dark eye circles, oversleeping may ,however, be the cause of it also.
- Stress. Again and again, stress may be affecting all systems in our body. Stress affects the skin appearance and also it may contribute in the worsening dark circles of your eye.
- Iron Deficiency. if we do not have enough supply of iron in our body, it may prevent the body from carrying oxygen to the eye tissues making it look dark and sunken.
- Fluid Retention. It may occur during pregnancy or weight gain.
- Age. As we get older, we lose some of the fat collagen around the eyes. This loss combined with the thinning of the skin creates an obvious appearance of dark circles in our eyes.
- Excess Salt in the Diet. Excessive intake of salt may cause fluid retention and that includes underneath your eyes.
What Can We Do to Avoid Dark Circles to Appear?
- Use Sunscreens. There’s nothing more important than prevention. The sun is very damaging to our skin. The skin underneath our eyes is very thin and since it is always exposed to the sun , it is prone to a lot of skin discoloration.
- Apply Retinoids. One special formula made specifically for the eye area is a Retinol cream. It is a collagen- rich formula and vitamin A derivative that counters the effect of skin aging and visible formation of dark circles in the eyes. Making it appear less visible. But there is a counter- reaction to the use of Retinoids. Avoid overusing it, otherwise ,it will leave flaky red marks around your eyes . It may turn brownish or gray over time when healed.
- Cool Down. Washing your face with hot water may worsen the puffiness in the eyes. The right temperature will do. Avoid steaming your face to retract the puffiness of the eyes.
- Look for Brightening Ingredients. Hydroquinone, vitamin C, and kojic acid all promote a brightening effect. It will help in lessening the discoloration of your eye area.
- Take Antihistamine. During allergy, make sure that you take antihistamine tablets. Allergies worsen the swollen effect of the eyes. Sneezing and itching all contributes to the swelling of the eyes. Taking oral histamines may lessen the puffiness and the effects of the allergy to your eyes.
- Apply Concealers. If you are in a rush and you need to cover up those dark eye circles, concealers will do the job for you. you just need to find the right color that would suit your skin tone best.
In some rare cases, dark circles under the eye may appear to be a more serious problem. It can be a symptom of a more serious problem like hypothyroidism and trichinosis.
You must need to distinguish also the difference between a black eye and Dark Under Eye Circles. A Black eye is the bruising of the eye and may appear like a dark eye. It may disappear in time once the bruised has healed.
The proper remedy for dark eye circle depends on what causes it. it may be a bit difficult to cure a symptom which has started a long time ago than the once which has just resurfaced now. It’s still better if we still practice the saying, “Prevention is still better than Cure.”
Ways To Prevent Dark Under Eye Circles
- Elevate your Head When Sleeping. Try to use more pillows under your head to avoid the fluid from pooling underneath your eyes.
- Cold Compress. A pack of ice and sometimes cucumbers will do wonders for your eyes. Cucumbers are cool and they help in easing out pressure around your eye area.
- Avoid the Sun. Exposure to the sun really poses harm and danger not only to your eyes but your entire skin as well.
What If Dark Circles Don’t Disappear?
If it seems impossible to remove your dark eye circles. There is a laser treatment that would solve your problems. Laser surgery is another option for people who seems to lost hope dealing with their dark eye circle problems.
Laser treatment destroys some of the melanin that darkens the skin. It can also be used to tighten loose skin and remove the baggy skin that makes it appear puffy and saggy.
So there you go, Dark Under Eye Circles may seem annoying to see but there are a number of ways to avoid it. Don’t let yourself suffer from the dark problems of your eyes.
We hope that you found these tips useful for your skin but besides following these, you must know how to pick best skincare product for betterment of your precious skin.